Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was recommended by a friend of mine, whom has the same Cancer background as I do. I found this a delightful read and a little close to home.

Hazel is a teenage struggling with finding herself amongst her peers and life, while battling Cancer. She meets Augustus who seems normal, despite his fake leg. He is full of life and antecdotes. Hazel is mesemerized and smitten. He is the one to bring her out of her "funk" and back into reality.

The background story of this book shows the difficulty in parenting a child with Cancer. I really appreciated the light that was shed from a parenting perspective on a child with Cancer and it made me appreciate my own parent's strength (in hindsight) even more.

I thought that the book was well written and the the teenagers were forced to grow up way too soon!

View all my reviews

No comments: