Thursday, March 20, 2014

Divergent

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In a society where you are defined by a set of norm's being different is hard. Beatrice or "Tris", is trying to find her place. Similar to the Hunger Games, this book has a nerve wracking choice for teens to make, stay with your families or change your course and go out on your own, with the clause of not ever being able to come back. The choice is tough, I don't think my 16 year old self could have ever left my family.
The virtues of the factions of society were also interesting choices. Imagining a world in which you are defined by your virtue is difficult. I imagine that I too am a divergent, but it would be much harder to keep my secret. Everyone has a secret.

View all my reviews

No comments: