Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Goldfinch

The GoldfinchThe Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It really felt like it took me forever to read this book. Despite the length of time that it took me, I would say it was worth it, although I was disappointed by the ending.
As I read other reviews online, I supposedly missed the concept of Art and how it affects people in certain ways. I would be interested in seeing the Goldfinch painting someday. I was disturbed by Theo and Kitsy's relationship. I was continually rooting for Theo to do the right thing, but was sadly disappointed. I found Kitsy's character to be self-centered and laughable.
All in all I thought it was a good read, but long. I disagree with the reviewers that state that is literary genius, but read it for yourself and let me know what you think.

View all my reviews

No comments: